- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Almonds (blanched and chopped)
- 3 Eggs (beaten well)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Milk
- dash of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Let almonds cool and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine beaten eggs and vanilla extract together.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until it become light and fluffy (approx. 2-3 minutes)
- Combine sifted flour, salt, baking powder to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix the ingredients of the two bowls in a large one, to make dough.
- Add the chopped almonds and divide the dough in half.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil.
- Spread the dough into two 12-in. x 3-in. rectangles on foil.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle a little sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and remove rectangles from oven. Lift rectangles with foil onto wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board; slice diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place slices with cut side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake 10 minutes more.
- Turn off the oven, leaving cookies in oven with door ajar to cool.
- Almond Biscotti is ready. Store in an airtight container.