Boiled Peanut Soup
- A splash of Olive Oil
- A pat of Butter (optional)
- 2 medium Onions, (chopped)
- 1 Pepper (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic, (chopped finely)
- 1 can (28 oz) diced Tomatoes (keep liquid separate)
- 10 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice (uncooked)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- Take a pan and heat olive oil and peanut butter on medium-low heat.
- Add peppers, onions, garlic and a pinch of salt. Saute until onions and peppers are soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook, until it turns into a thick paste
- Now, add juice from canned tomatoes, and chicken broth. Put some pepper flakes. Bring it to boil and then, add rice.
- Boil soup on low heat for about 35 to 45 minutes and allow the rice to cook.
- Serve hot.