Three Layer Chocolate Cake
- 1-3/4 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- ¾ cup Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
- A pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Apply grease to and dust three medium sized round backing pans with flour.
- In a pan, bring the water to boil and mix in the unsweetened cocoa into it. Let it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugar to cream them. Add eggs to this mixture, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Add in vanilla, stirring while you add. Gradually add cocoa mixture and mix it well to avoid lumps. If there are lumps, use a flat spoon to break them down first.
- With wire whisk, make a batter with flour, baking soda and salt. You could also add flour mixture with milk and sour cream to butter mixture. Beat until blended. Now is the time to pour batter into the pans.
- Bake for half an hour or more minutes and put it through the wooden pin test. Cool these cakes for about ten minutes. Remove from the pans and transfer on to wire rack or into plates.
- Place one layer on top of the other. Add the frosting of your choice, between the layers and on top.