- 100g Baking Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 1/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cups sifted Cake Flour
- 1 cup Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 cup Water
- Take a large mixer bowl and cream butter in it, add brown sugar and eggs and whisk until smooth, light and fluffy; this might take about 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and whisk in vanilla and chocolate and then the baking soda and salt.
- Add flour and sour cream alternately whisking slowly until smooth and check for lumps.
- Boil water in a saucepan in the meantime and pour it into the batter, whisking at the same time.
- Finally, pour this batter into pans that have been greased and dusted with flour
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F till it passes the toothpick test.