Top Yellow Cake
- 2-1/4 cups Cake Flour, sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 pound Sweet Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 large Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 large Egg Whites
- Mix the baking powder, flour and salt.
- In another bowl beat the butter with a mixture till it is fluffy. Then add the sugar and beat again.
- Now put in the egg yolks one at a time and beat to incorporate in the mixture.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat properly to blend.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites.
- Fold it into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake into a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Cool before serving.