Thai Jelly Filled Eggs
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Gelatin
- 400 ml Water
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Food Coloring
- In a boiling pan or sauce pan, make a mixture of gelatin, sugar and water. Stir to dissolve the gelatin and heat until it just begins to boil, then turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Now, taking each egg, cut off the top to form a small hole using a sharp knife and empty the contents of the egg into a bowl you may have to break the yolk to get it out. After you have emptied all the contents of the egg, rinse it several times with cool water.
- You will also have to boil some water in a kettle or pan and pour the boiling water inside each of the eggs and leave for a few minutes to sterilize them from the inside.
- When the gelatin mixture cools down relatively begin to add the coconut milk and vanilla essence
- Pour the mixture into 3 separate bowls and colour add a different colour into ach one of them. If you prefer you can make a clear jelly and a coconut jelly and make more layers.
- All that is left for you to do is the job of layering, pour a layer of coloured jelly into the egg, and place it in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator to set quickly. Then pour the other layer and do the same. Repeat this process of pouring and setting in the deep freeze till the whole egg is filled with jelly. Now, leave it in the fridge to set thoroughly.
- Repeat the same with the other eggs.
- When serving, break open the egg shell and serve in small bowls