- 2 cups Chana Dal
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- 10-12 Garlic flakes (minced)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6-7 tsp Ghee
- Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilly (chopped)
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash Chana dal properly with water. Transfer it in a pressure cooker.
- Add 3-1/2 bowl water, salt, a pinch chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- After 4th whistle, remove and do not release the pressure.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and add chopped onions and garlic. Fry until onions turn light brown.
- Add cumin and crushed tomatoes. Cook again till tomatoes are well done.
- Now add chilly powder, green chilly and turmeric. Mix well.
- Transfer this masala into cooker and add little water. Water should be boiled.
- Remove the cooker after one whistle and add Garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Chana dal is ready.