Swedish Pea Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups Yellow Peas
- 6 cups Water
- Ham Bone or Salt Pork
- 1 small Onion (minced)
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Soak the yellow peas in water overnight.
- Drain the peas and put in cold water.
- Boil the peas for about one hour.
- Skim the peas carefully.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, ham bone and ginger.
- Boil the contents till the peas and meat are completed cooked.
- Remove the meat when prepared. Slice and serve in a separate plate.
- Ladle pea soup in soup bowls and serve with ham slices.