Swedish Dream Cookies
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 tsp Bakers' Ammonia (Ammonium Bicarbonate)
- 1 tbsp Boiling Water
- 1½ tsp Almond Extract
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour (sifted)
- 1 cup Coconut (flaked)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream shortening and butter in a large bowl.
- Add white sugar and almond extract. Using an electric mixer, mix on high speed, for about 10 minutes.
- Take another small bowl and combine bakers' ammonia with boiling water, adding a little at a time.
- Add the creamed butter into this mixture and stir well.
- Add in the sifted flour and flaked coconut. Mix well.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Spoon out the batter onto the sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, till they are set. They should not be brown.
- Remove and cool the cookies on the sheet for a few minutes.
- Serve warm.