- 8 Taco Shells
- 5½ tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 cups Kidney Beans (from one 19-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup Tomato Salsa
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1½ tbsp Wine Vinegar
- ¾ tsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (fresh-ground)
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped, optional)
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 large Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Avocado (cut into thin slices)
- ¼ pound Cheddar Cheese (grated, about 1 cup)
- 1 roasted Chicken (bones and skin removed, meat shredded, about 1 pound meat)
- 1/3 cup Black Olives (such as Kalamata, halved and pitted)
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet and bake them for 8 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove and break each one into two halves. Set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over moderate heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add kidney beans, tomato salsa and ¼ tsp salt.
- Using a potato masher, mash and cook the contents, for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, black, pepper, chili powder and remaining ½ teaspoon salt, in a small glass or bowl.
- Add the remaining 4½ tablespoons of oil and whisk well.
- Add cilantro and mix well.
- Spread one side of the taco shell halves on four serving plates.
- Put the bean mixture in the taco shells.
- Place layers of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheddar cheese, chicken and black olives.
- Pour the vinegar dressing over the salad.
- Serve immediately.