|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Cream, divided
- 2 Bananas, thinly sliced and tossed with 1-1/2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 baked 9-inch Pie Shell
- 3 tbsp Butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- First of all, take heavy saucepan and pour milk into it and bring it to the boiling point.
- Then, you can place egg yolks in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed of electric mixer, gradually adding sugar. Beat for 2 minutes, until mixture is thick and lemon-colored. Beat in flour. With mixer on low speed, gradually add the hot milk.
- You should transfer mixture to heavy saucepan and heat it over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let the mixture come to a boil and boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth. Beat in butter a little at a time; then blend in cinnamon. Stir in vanilla extract; let the mixture cool.
- After that, beat 1 cup of the cream until firm but not stiff and mix about 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into the egg mixture to lighten it. Fold remaining whipped cream into egg mixture then fold in sliced bananas.
- Finally, transfer filling to the pastry shell. Whip remaining cream and spoon or pipe onto the pie. Refrigerate until serving time.