- 1 cup Masoor Dal
- 1 small Onion (sliced)
- 1 Inch piece of Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3-1/2 cups Water
- Wash the dal properly and transfer it into a pressure cooker.
- Add water, salt, turmeric, ginger and garlic and cook till the second whistle.
- Release the pressure of cooker.
- Take oil in a frying pan and heat it. Add cumin and fry till it turns light brown.
- Now add onions and keep on stirring until onions become golden brown.
- Pour the fried masala into the cooked dal and heat on a low flame. Heat till the dal thickens slightly.
- Masoor Dal is ready.