Chocolate Mint Candies Cookies
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1-1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 tbsp Vegetable Oil (for greasing)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 (4.5 oz) packages Chocolate Covered Thin Mints
- Take a saucepan and cook the sugar, butter and water over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Take it off the heat, add in the chocolate chips until melted and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- You must not melt chocolate directly over the heat or it may burn.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and add the eggs into it, whisking it all the while.
- Make a batter with the flour, baking soda and salt, and stir into the chocolate mixture. Cover with an aluminum wrap and allow to cool in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease the cookie sheets with vegetable oil. Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place them on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, be careful not to overbake. When cookies come out of the oven, press one mint wafer onto the top of each cookie and let sit for 1 minute. When the mint is softened, swirl with the back of a spoon or toothpick to make a pattern with the green filling of the mint wafer. For smaller cookies, break mints in half.