Tropical Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 Eggs/ equivalent Egg Substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) can Unsweetened Pineapple
- 3 tbsp Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds ground Lean Turkey
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Onion
- 1 finely chopped Green Onion
- 2 tsp finely chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 pinch Pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add 1/3 cup pineapple and along with the ginger, mustard, pepper and the garlic powder.
- Now, add the bread crumbs and mix well. Next, crush and crumble the meat over this mixture and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top this mixture will another tablespoon full of pineapple.
- Bake at 175 degrees C for one and a quarter hour or until a meat turns a nice golden colour. Let it stand for five minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make a mix of onions, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, pepper and remaining pineapple. Serve with the meat loaf.