Caramel Apple Pork Chops
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Tart Apples
- 4 (3/4 inch thick) Pork Chops
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Pecans
- Preheat oven to 80 degrees C. Place inside it a medium sized dish and warm it for about half a minute.
- Over medium to high heat, heat a large skillet. Brush a little vegetable oil on the pork chops and place them in hot pan. Cook them for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until done.
- Place the pork chops in the dish that you warmed inside the oven. Keep the chops warm inside the preheated oven.
- In another medium sized bowl, make a mixture of brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to a skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover the skillet and let them cook until the apple turns tender.
- With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer only the apples into the pan with the pork chops in it. Let the rest of the mixture remain in the skillet.
- keep on cooking the mixture in the skillet, uncovered. When it thickens, remove from the fire and drizzle generously over the chops.
- Top with pecans and serve.