|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/2 cup multicolored Candy Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Champagne
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 drops Red Food Coloring (optional)
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and shortening well, until light and creamy.
- Add the champagne and beat for one minute.
- Now, add the baking powder and flour and mix it to a smooth dough.
- Add the red food coloring, until it reaches the desired pink color.
- Pluck off about a rounded tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Cover the top of the ball in sprinkles.
- Grease a baking sheet and put the ball in it, with the sprinkled part on the top.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Use the bottom of the glass and press the balls flat, to form cookie shapes.
- Bake at 190 degrees centigrade, in a preheated oven, for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown and crisp.
- Cool before serving.