- 2 large Tomatoes
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 3 Red Chilies
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 stalk of Curry Leaves
- 1 stalk of Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Place them in a vessel and add water, turmeric powder, tamarind paste, pepper powder and salt.
- Boil the mixture on medium flame, for about 15 to 20 minutes or till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Place a saucepan over fire and heat oil.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When they start spluttering, add curry leaves, red chilies and garlic.
- Add this mixture to the prepared tomato rasam.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot, as an appetizer or with steamed rice.