- 1 cup Boondi
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 tsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 cup Curd
- 2½ cups Water
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Mix together curd and water.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and besan. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan on fire and heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add asafetida and green chilies. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the besan-curd mixture.
- Cook and boil the mixture, stirring frequently.
- Add boondi and continue boiling the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve hot with rice, rotis or chapattis.