Creamed Asparagus Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Leek (sliced)
- 1 large clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound fresh Asparagus Spears (each cut crosswise into thirds)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chive & Onion Cream Cheese spread
- 1/4 cup Milk
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the leeks. Cook for 5 minutes till tender while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Now add the asparagus, broth and water.
- Stir and simmer in low heat for 5 minutes till the asparagus is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend the cream cheese spread and milk.
- Pour the asparagus mixture into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into soup bowls and add the cream cheese mixture.