Crispy Karela Fry
- 6 small Karela (Bittergourd)
- 1 Lemon
- Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Red chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Jeera Powder/Garam Masala (optional)
- Chop the karela into thin and round pieces. Remove the seeds.
- Assemble the karela pieces in a bowl. Add lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt.
- Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the karela pieces under running water. Squeeze water from the pieces. Remove as much water as possible.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add karela pieces and sprinkle a little salt.
- Cover the pan and stir occasionally.
- Fry till the karela is crispy brown.
- Add jeera powder/garam masala (optional). Finally, add red chili powder.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.