- 1 lb Pumpkin (yellow)
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut (grated)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chop onions, green chilies and tomatoes to fine pieces.
- Cut the pumpkin into medium-size pieces.
- Heat a skillet and add mustard seeds. When the seeds splutter, add Bengal gram dal and urad dal.
- Add onions and fry them until they become soft. Then, add tomatoes.
- Now, add pumpkin and fry for 5 minutes. Add salt, sugar and red chili powder. Fry well.
- Sprinkle some water and let the pumpkin cook till it becomes soft.
- Lastly, add grated coconut.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.