Asian Orange Chicken
|Calories Per Serving:
- For Sauce
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp chopped Green Onion
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp grated Orange Zest
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- First of all, pour 1 1/2 cups water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, into a saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
- Then, stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Bring it to a boil. Now, remove it from heat, and cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then place the chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag. When contents of saucepan have cooled, pour 1 cup of sauce into bag. You can reserve the remaining sauce.
- Seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In another resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Then, add the marinated chicken pieces, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken into the skillet, and fry till it gets brown on both sides. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe out the skillet, and add the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water and stir it into the sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.