Lobster Ravioli in Tomato Cream Sauce with Shrimp
|Calories Per Serving:
- For Shrimp Stock
- 1/2 pound large Shrimp (unpeeled)
- 1 Yellow Onion (quartered)
- 2 stalks Celery (with leaves and cut into pieces)
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- 1 tbsp dried Basil
- 1 tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp black Peppercorns (whole)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup canned, petite Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 16 Lobster Ravioli
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Clean the shrimp by peeling and deveining, reserving the shells and head. Cut the shrimp into bite sized pieces.
- In a large pot mix the shrimp shells, heads, onion, and celery.
- Squeeze the lemon and then put in the lemon halves.
- Now put in the dried basil, oregano, thyme, peppercorns, 1/2 cup parsley, and 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour in reduced heat. Strain the stock and set aside.
- In a skillet heat the butter and then cook the shrimp pieces for 2 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Now add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the wine after 30 seconds.
- Boil for 5 minutes till the wine is reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp stock and then boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot boil heavily salted water and to it add the ravioli and then continue boiling. Cook until the ravioli floats to the top.
- Drain well.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cream into the shrimp sauce and heat with occasional stiring.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the ravioli into the sauce.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon zest.