Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 Wood Ear Mushrooms (dried)
- 4 Mushrooms (dried)
- 8 Tiger Lily Buds (dried)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/3 cup Bamboo Shoots (diced)
- 1/3 cup Lean Pork (ground)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp White Pepper (ground)
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Water
- ½ (16 ounce) package firm Tofu (cubed)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- Soak mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms and tiger lily buds in water, for 20 minutes.
- Trim off the tough stems from mushrooms and slice them.
- Shred the tiger lily stems using your fingers.
- Now, take a saucepan and add mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, tiger lily buds, chicken stock, bamboo shoots and shredded pork. Bring it to a boil and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, white sugar, salt, white pepper and red wine vinegar. Add water.
- Add a little soup to corn starch and pour it back into the pan.
- Add tofu and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the egg gradually, before turning off the heat.
- Mix in sesame oil.
- Garnish with green onion and serve hot.