Extreme Diet Soup
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large White Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 large Carrot (shredded)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, with Seeds (minced)
- 2 tsp fresh Thyme or Oregano (minced) (1 tsp if dried)
- 8 cups Chicken Broth (fat-free)
- 1 (15-oz) can Black Beans (drained)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach Leaves (packed)
- 1 (15-oz) can Tomatoes (diced)
- 7 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated, for garnishing)
- Heat a stockpot and add olive oil.
- Add white onions and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken breast and cook for another 5 minutes or till the chicken is completely done.
- Now add carrot, garlic, jalapeno pepper and thyme. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the preparation and increase the flame to high. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add black beans, tomatoes and spinach. Cover the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve hot.