|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 thick slices Hickory-smoked Bacon
- 1 pound Kielbasa Sausage (sliced into ½-inch pieces)
- 1 pound Pork Stew Meat (cubed)
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 1½ cups fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cups Green Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Sauerkraut (rinsed and well drained)
- ¼ cup dry Red Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Marjoram
- 1 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1/8 tsp Caraway Seeds, crushed
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- ½ ounce dried Mushrooms
- 1 dash of bottled Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 5 cups Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp canned Tomato Paste
- 1 cup canned Tomatoes (diced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add bacon and kielbasa sausage.
- Cook while stirring, till the bacon has separated from its fat and the sausage turns lightly brown.
- Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large casserole.
- Heat the bacon drippings in a saucepan.
- Coat the pork cubes with all-purpose flour.
- Fry them in the heated bacon fat over medium-high heat, till they turn golden brown.
- Remove and transfer to the casserole.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, fresh mushrooms, green cabbage and sauerkraut to the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook till the carrots are soft, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and deglaze the pan, stirring well to loosen the food and flour stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Season with bay leaf, basil, marjoram, paprika, salt, pepper, caraway seeds and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add dried mushrooms, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
- Heat the preparation well, until it starts boiling.
- Remove and pour the preparation into the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 2½ to 3 hours, till the meat turns tender.
- Serve hot.