Polish Poppy Seed Cookies
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Butter
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 raw Egg Yolks
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 raw Egg White
- 1 tbsp Water
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and pour enough water to cover them.
- Boil the water and remove from heat.
- Cool the eggs and peel them.
- Separate the yolks and whites.
- Crumble the yolks and set aside.
- Combine together butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat them till creamy.
- Add raw egg yolks and crumbled hard boiled egg yolks. Mix well.
- Add all-purpose flour and salt. Mix well to form dough.
- Refrigerate the dough until chilled.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Roll out each ball into ¼ inch thickness.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cut into 2 inch round shapes and place on the cookie sheet.
- Take a small bowl and beat together 1 egg white and water.
- Brush the tops of the cookies with egg white glaze.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds over the cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 350 °F (175 °C) for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are lightly browned.