- 1 cup Pearl Barley
- 2 cup Meat Stock
- 1/4 cup Butter/Margarine (cut in pieces)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 2 Potatoes (diced)
- 4 ounces canned/frozen Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 stalk Celery (chopped)
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes (dried)
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup dairy Sour Cream (optional)
- Sprig /Fresh Dill
- Mix barley and one cup of meat stock in a large saucepan and place on heat.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and let it simmer, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add butter pieces, one by one, while stirring.
- Boil the vegetables in the remaining stock, until crisp-tender.
- Now, add barley, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook till the barley is tender.
- Your soup is ready.
- Use sour cream (optional) and sprig/fresh dill in each soup bowl, for ganrish.