- 2 tsp Olive, Canola, or Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 or 2 fresh finely chopped Green Chilies, like Jalapenos
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup minced Cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 8 white Corn Tortillas or Taco Shells
- Spring mix lettuce or other Tender Greens
- Cheese and/or Sour Cream
- In a large frying pan or skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and chillies and cook the till the raw smell is gone and the garlic turns golden.
- Add cumin and cayenne and stir to combine until spices sizzle, which would take about half a minute.
- Add turkey and salt. Stir to combine and break up meat with the back of the spoon or spatula.
- Keep stirring from time to time till the turkey is completely cooked.
- When meat is cooked, take off heat and sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with the lime juice. Give is a quick stir to mix in the lime juice.
- Heat tortillas and top each one with some ground turkey, salsa, guacamole, and lettuce. If you are using taco shells, you need not heat them. Add sour cream or shredded cheese, if you like.