Polish Pound Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup Shortening
- 3 cups White Sugar
- 2 tbsp imitation Vanilla Butter & Nut Flavor
- 5 Eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2-2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar Maraschino Cherries (drained and chopped)
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Take a medium bowl and combine together butter, shortening, white sugar and vanilla flavoring.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat them well.
- Pour in the evaporated milk and stir well.
- Mix together salt and 2-1/3 cups flour.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Add in the remaining 1/3 cup flour and walnuts to the batter.
- Add the maraschino cherries and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the batter at 300°F (150°C) for 2½ hours.
- Keep the cake in the pan for 15 minutes for cooling.
- Remove and invert the cake onto a plate to cool completely.
- Cut into slices and serve.