Polish Wild Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 lb dried Wild Mushrooms
- 9 cups Beef Stock/canned Beef Broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- White Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Soak the mushrooms overnight, in cold water.
- Drain the mushrooms, while reserving the soaking water. Drain the liquid through a fine cloth.
- Rinse the mushrooms in cold water and slice into strips.
- Combine mushrooms, 8 cups of beef stock and the soaking liquid in a saucepan and place on heat.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 4 hours.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Saueté onion until golden brown and add to the soup.
- Whisk the cornstarch and remaining beef stock. Add to the soup and allow simmering until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into individual bowls and serve.
- Top each serving bowl with sour cream and parsley.