Simple Turkey Chili
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 1-1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can Kidney Beans (drained, rinsed, and mashed)
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in turkey into the pot, and cook until evenly brown.
- Add the onions and let them cook until translucent. Keep stirring them occasionally.
- In another large pot, add water and bring it to a boil. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season it with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for half an hour.