- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Yellow Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 pounds Zucchini (peeled and cut into small dice)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp fresh Oregano (chopped) /1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 6 Eggs (optional)
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions. Fry for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or, until the onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in another saucepan, over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and drain off any liquid released during cooking.
- Transfer the zucchini to the pan with onions.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add oregano.
- Cook for 5 minutes, on medium heat.
- If desired, break the eggs over the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.