Spanish Eggplant Spread Tapa
- 1 lb Eggplant (globe or Chinese)
- Spanish Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 medium cloves Garlic
- 6 Green Onions (peeled and minced finely)
- 3-4 sprigs Italian (flat leaf) Parsley
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- Cut the eggplant into approximately 1/3 inch slices.
- Pour a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan and place on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add eggplant. Fry, stirring often.
- While the eggplant is frying, cut green onions, including the green tops.
- Once the eggplant is tender and browned on all the sides, remove from heat and transfer to a dish to cool.
- Pour 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in the same pan and sauté the green onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor.
- Add vinegar, parsley, and eggplant slices.
- Blend until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.