- 4 Asparagus Spears [each cut into 6 (1-inch) pieces]
- ½ cup Water
- 24 frilled Toothpicks or cocktail-size Skewers
- 2 tiny Shrimp (de-veined, peeled, tails removed & cooked)
- 24 small pieces (1x1/2 inch each) smoked Ham (fully cooked)
- 24 Green Spanish Olives (pitted)
- 4 tbsp Olive/Vegetable Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Dill Pickle (finely chopped)
- Put asparagus in a one-quart microwave bowl. Add water. Cover with a plastic wrap and fold back one edge by 1/4 inch, to vent steam.
- Heat in the oven for about 2 minutes on high temperature or until the asparagus is just folk-tender.
- Drain and rinse immediately with cold water. Drain again.
- Skewer one piece each of ham, asparagus, shrimp and Spanish olive on each toothpick.
- Put 1 tbsp of oil and garlic in a microwave bowl and heat in the oven on High, for 30-60 seconds.
- Blend parsley, cooked garlic (in oil), pickle and remaining oil in a food processor to make a smooth mixture.
- Serve banderillas with the parsley mix.