|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 (0.25 ounce) packages Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Water (warm)
- ½ cup Milk (warm)
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Butter (softened)
- 3 Eggs
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Water
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil (or as needed)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Pour warm water in a small bowl and mix yeast in it. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes, till it forms creamy foam.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together milk, white sugar, and salt in it.
- Add in the yeast mixture and stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Add butter, eggs, and flour. Mix well to form smooth, soft dough.
- Cover the dough and set it aside for about 30 minutes, to rise until doubled.
- Stir the dough well and cover it again. Allow it to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Place a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Mix in honey and water in the saucepan.
- Boil the mixture and remove the honey syrup. Let it cool.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan.
- Keep a large table or soup spoon in a glass of water.
- Using the wet spoon, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough into your wet hands.
- Roll the dough back into the spoon and work to form a round shape. Immediately drop the ball into the hot oil.
- Repeat with the remaining dough. Be sure to wet the spoon each time you make a dough ball.
- Fry the balls for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning them over till golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the loukoumades and set them on paper towels.
- Place the loukoumades on a baking sheet and drizzle the honey syrup over them.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and serve warm.