Chicken and Asparagus Chowder
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 large baking Potato (peeled and diced)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups Chicken (diced)
- 1 pound Asparagus (woody ends removed, sliced in 1/2-inch lengths)
- 2 cups heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (freshly chopped)
- Heat butter in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Saute onions and celery for about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another minute.
- Stir in flour and blend well.
- Now, add chicken broth and stir to blend the ingredients.
- Add diced potato and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in asparagus and chicken and cook, until the asparagus is fork-tender.
- Now, add cream, salt and pepper.