- 1 pound Asparagus
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a large skillet, bring about 2 inches of water to boil.
- Wash asparagus in cold water and chop the tough base of each. Remove the scales if they are large or sandy.
- Place asparagus in boiling water and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Drain the water. Make sure that asparagus is slightly crisp.
- Transfer the asparagus to an oval dish to marinate.
- Combine onion and vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil and pour over asparagus.
- Let the asparagus marinate at room temperature, until cool. Then, refrigerate until the time your serve it.
- Just before serving, return to room temperature.