Apricot and Pistachio Scones
- 225 g All-purpose Flour
- 50 g Castor Sugar
- 35 g Pistachios (chopped coarsely)
- 115 g Rolled Oats
- 55 g Butter (diced)
- 250 ml Milk
- 150 g dried Apricots (chopped coarsely)
- ½ tsp Salt
- Thick Cream
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees C.
- Make a batter with the flour, oats, sugar and salt.
- Now add the butter in and mix well until the batter resembles the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Add the apricots and the pistachios and then stir in the milk.
- Make this into pliable dough that is soft and sticky, but take care not to mix too much.
- Dust the kitchen surface with flour and knead this dough lightly on it.
- Roll this dough into a cylinder and cut into small rounds using a cookie cutter that is dusted with flour.
- Grease and dust a baking tray with flour and arrange the rounds on this tray.
- Bake for about 25 minutes and arrange them on a wire rack to cool down when done.
- Serve warm with thick cream.