Fig and Olive Tapenade
- 1cup dried Figs (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2/3 cup Kalamata Olives (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Walnuts (toasted & chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) packaged Cream Cheese
- Mix figs and water in a saucepan, over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid reduces and the figs are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, and cayenne.
- Add in olives and mix the ingredients well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or, at least, for 4 hours.
- Unwrap the cream cheese block and put the cheese on a serving dish.
- Spoon tapenade over cheese and top with walnuts.
- You can serve fig and olive tapenade with French bread or crackers.