Italian Stuffed Olives
- 1½ pounds Pork
- 1½ pounds Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Green Olives (chopped)
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Lemon Rind (grated)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (freshly-grated)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Salt (to taste)
- Flour (for dredging)
- Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil (for deep frying)
- Tomato Gravy (for cooking chicken & pork)
- Cook the pork and chicken breast in tomato gravy.
- Cool the meats and separate them from the tomato gravy. Grind the meats in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the ground meat, except green olives, beaten eggs, flour, bread crumbs and olive oil. Mix the ingredients well and refrigerate for an hour.
- Take the mixture out of the refrigerator and shape into balls about the size of a small walnut.
- Put half of an olive on each side of the rolled ball.
- Flour each meat ball and dip it in beaten egg. Finally, dip in bread crumbs.
- Fry the balls in olive oil, until golden brown in color. Don't cook them through, since the meats have already been cooked.
- Serve the stuffed olives warm.