Spanish Vegetable Tortilla
- 150 g Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 250 g Broccoli Florets
- 6 Eggs
- 350 g Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 100 g Onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- To begin with, bring a saucepan full of water to boil and add the peas to boil them.
- If you are using frozen peas, you will have to let them thaw first and then boil them.
- Using a wire sieve, transfer the peas into a bowl of cold water, when they are tender.
- Similarly boil the broccoli and strain it into the same bowl.
- Heat about 4 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and when it heats up, add the potatoes and onions.
- Let them cook, while stirring from time to time. When done, set them aside to cool.
- Break all the eggs in a large bowl and add salt and pepper and whisk it lightly.
- Add the vegetable into it, slowly.
- Heat the remaining bit of oil in the frying pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Bring it onto a plate, when the top is set and underside is golden brown.
- Place a second plate on top and invert both of them together.
- Put the tortilla back into the pan and let it fry for another few minutes, till it is golden brown too.
- Bring it on to the serving platter and cut into wedges.
- Serve hot.