Indian Vegetable Rice
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 cup Mixed Vegetables (frozen)
- In a pan, heat oil and saute onion and cumin seeds in it.
- Stir fry the onions till tender.
- Rinse the rice and add it to the pan, along with 2 cups of water.
- Now, add salt, garam masala and the vegetables.
- Cover the pan and boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rice to mix the spices evenly.
- Cook for another 30 minutes, till the water evaporates and the rice is tender.
- Serve hot.