Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
- 750 g cooked Brown Rice
- 300 g Shallots (finely chopped)
- 400 g Mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 3 tsp of Olive Oil
- 250 g Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 100 g Almonds (slivered and toasted)
- 200 g Tomato Puree
- 100 g grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 275 degrees C.
- Chop off the top of the peppers; remove the seeds from inside, along with the membrane that holds it together. Cook them in boiling water for five minutes, and then drain completely.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the shallots first to sauté until tender. Add the mushrooms and sauté them too until they become tender.
- To this, add the parsley, the sherry, the chili powder and sate all this for about three minutes.
- Add the rice, tomato puree pepper, garlic powder and salt and sauté till done.
- Using a spoon, add this mixture into the peppers till the brim and top generously with Parmesan cheese.