- 2 cups Cucumber (grated)
- 1 cup Rice (soaked for 3 to 4 hours)
- ½ cup Coconut (chopped)
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 2tbsp Curry Leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Coconut ( grated)
- 3 green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- Grind rice , green chilies, grated coconut and asafetida to form a thick batter.
- To the batter add grated cucumber, curry leaves, chopped coconut pieces, coriander leaves and salt.
- In a frying pan heat ghee and add mustard seeds when ghee becomes hot.
- When mustard seeds starts to splutter, remove from heat and add to the batter.
- Mix well
- Grease idli plates with ghee or butter and pour batter into the moulds.
- Steam for fifteen minutes
- Cucumber Idlis are ready!
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.