Apple Oat Muffins
- ½ cup Whole-wheat Flour
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup Cooking Apples (peeled and diced)
- ¼ cup Skim Milk
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Apple Juice
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups Oat Bran
- 3 tbsp Margarine
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees C. Rub a thin coat of margarine on to a muffin tin or tray with twelve slots.
- Make a mixture of flour, oat bran, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the apple juice, egg, sunflower oil, honey and the skim milk.
- Add the flour mixture to this, followed by apples and raisins, till just moist.
- Fill this into the muffin tray and bake in the oven for about twenty minutes or till it passes the toothpick test.