Machchi Ke Shami Kabab
- 1 kg Fish (wash, steamed and with bones removed)
- 2 Eggs
- 50 g Bengal Gram Dal
- 8 Cardamoms
- 8 Peppercorns
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tsp Aniseeds
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 cm Ginger
- 2 Onions
- 8 Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1 big pod Garlic
- 400 g Curd/ Yogurt (tie it up in a muslin bag for one hour)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Steam and mash fish to a fine paste.
- Make a masala of all the dry ingredients.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the curd and mix them together.
- Add the curd and the masala mixture to the fish and blend well
- Give long shape to the kebabs. Now, beat eggs.
- Dip the kebabs in the beaten egg batter and shallow fry.
- Garnish with onion rings and fresh coriander leaves, along with a dash of lime.
- Serve with parathas or nan.