Stuffed Crown Roast Of Pork
|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Tart Apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 pound Pork (ground)
- 1/2 pound Pork Sausage (ground and seasoned)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp dried Sage
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 9 pounds Crown Pork Roast
- For Stuffing
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Now, saute the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and apples and stir for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add bread crumbs, ground pork, sausage meat, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Mix gently and thoroughly.
- Stuff the center of the crown using this mixture.
- Use an aluminum foil to cover it and also wrap the ends of the chop bones with foil strips.
- Roast in a preheated oven, at 80 degree C, for 3 hours.
- Remove the foil from the crown top 30 minutes before the pork is done, to brown the top.
- Transfer the crown to a circular heated platter and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- When it cools down, carve and serve.