Turkish Eyes Cookies
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar (powdered)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Apricot Jam
- Sugar (powdered, for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or lien them with parchment paper.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and cream it.
- Add sugar and stir until smooth.
- Add salt, honey and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and combine well to form smooth dough.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of wax paper, until it attains ¼-inch thickness.
- Remove the top sheet of wax paper.
- Cut out equal number of 3-inch and 1-inch circles from the dough.
- Pace the circles on cookie sheets, about 1-inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes, till they turn golden brown.
- Remove and transfer on wire racks. Allow them to cool.
- Spread apricot jam on the 3-inch circles, leaving ¼-½ inch border all around.
- Dust the smaller 1-inch circles with powdered sugar and place on the center of jam-lined cookies.
- Allow the cookies to set.