Turkish Rice With Tomatoes
- 1½ cups long-grain Rice
- Salt & Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 medium Tomatoes (diced)
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 2 ½ cups Beef Broth/Chicken Broth
- Put rice in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp salt and cover with hot water. Stir and allow it to sit. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet, over medium heat. Cook tomatoes in butter for 30 minutes, or until a paste forms.
- Add broth, salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now add rice and stir once. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Bring the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, or until the rice absorbs all the broth.
- Remove from heat and cover the saucepan with a napkin. Serve after 30-40 minutes.